Postgraduate, leading to a Master of Science (MSc)
- Start date: 7 September 2020
- End date: 30 September 2021
If you started this programme in 2019, you can find information about 2019 entry on the 2019 Psychology Conversion MSc page. Information about all programmes from previous years of entry can be found in the archive.
One year full time
- A good 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree in a subject other than psychology. If you already possess an undergraduate degree in Psychology, the School offers a range of other postgraduate programmes. If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
- Some knowledge of very basic mathematics is required for understanding the statistical techniques introduced in the programme. In most cases, secondary school algebra is sufficient.
- English language proficiency. See English language tests and qualifications.
The qualifications listed are indicative minimum requirements for entry. Some academic Schools will ask applicants to achieve significantly higher marks than the minimum. Obtaining the listed entry requirements will not guarantee you a place, as the University considers all aspects of every application including, where applicable, the writing sample, personal statement, and supporting documents.
UK and EU: £9,450
14 February 2020. Applicants should apply as early as possible to be eligible for certain scholarships and for international visa purposes.
- CV or résumé
- personal statement (500 words)
- sample of academic written work (2,000 words)
- two original signed academic references
- academic transcripts and degree certificates
- evidence of English language proficiency (required if English is not your first language).
For more guidance, see supporting documents and references for postgraduate taught programmes.