The Psychology of Dementia Care (PG Cert) 2020 entry
The Postgraduate Certificate in The Psychology of Dementia Care focuses on the practical application of psychological theory in dementia care and is intended for professional care staff and management who provide services to people with dementia.
Postgraduate, leading to a Postgraduate Certificate (PG Cert)
The following course dates are for those planning to complete the PG Cert in a year.
- Start date: 7 September 2020
- End date: 30 September 2021
Information about all programmes from previous years of entry can be found in the archive.
Minimum one year part time; maximum two years part time
The School will accept one of the following as appropriate entry qualifications:
- A good 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree in a cognate discipline.
- Accredited prior learning: a professional qualification in social work, nursing, occupational therapy or similar.
- Experiential prior learning: substantial relevant work experience in a related discipline and at least three year's practical experience in the field.
If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
English language proficiency. See English language tests and qualifications.
The qualifications listed are indicative minimum requirements for entry. Some academic Schools will ask applicants to achieve significantly higher marks than the minimum. Obtaining the listed entry requirements will not guarantee you a place, as the University considers all aspects of every application including, where applicable, the writing sample, personal statement, and supporting documents.
Distance learning: £2,265 (or £755 per module)
Wednesday 12 August 2020 (for September 2020 entry) or early January (for January 2021 entry). Applicants should apply as early as possible to be eligible for certain scholarships and for international visa purposes.
- CV or résumé
- personal statement (500 words) - only applicable if applying for Scottish Funding Council funding
- sample of academic written work (2,000 words)
- two original signed academic references
- academic transcripts and degree certificates
- evidence of English language proficiency (required if English is not your first language).
For more guidance, see supporting documents and references for postgraduate taught programmes.