Staff with Disabilities Network
First meeting 12:30pm-2pm, Thursday 3 December 2020 (United Nations' International Day of Persons with Disabilities) via MS Teams.
- Staff with an invisible disability such as neurodivergent condition (Attention Deficit Disorders, Autism, Dyslexia and Dyspraxia etc); a physical or sensory impairment; or a mental health condition, which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on their ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities (refer to definition of Disability).
- Staff receiving Access to Work funding.
- Members of the central University EDI Team form part of the network for logistical support (coordinating, supporting, booking rooms, refreshments, note taking upon request), and can leave the meeting after the start if requested.
- To become a member of the network, please email the central University EDI Team: email@example.com
Purpose of the network:
- To provide a confidential informal forum and safe space, where discussions are led by the network members themselves.
- To provide an opportunity to share knowledge and good practice through networking.
- To provide effective solutions in policy/planning development.
- Through initiatives, to increase the positive profile of disabled staff and those with long-term health conditions.
- To engage with the National Association of Disabled Staff Networks on advancing disability workplace inclusion.
- During lunch periods 12:30pm-2pm.
- Using the MS Teams online platform (with accessibility functions) over the Covid period and beyond.
- Definition of a Disability (UK Government)
- National Association of Disabled Staff Networks
- External Disability News
- Physical Access Guide for the University
- Access to Work
- Updating Staff Disabilities data via HR Self Service
- Academic adjustments for disabled students
- Student Services Disabilites Support