Masters study at St Andrews
Underpinned by centuries of traditions and elevated by world-leading research facilities, St Andrews is more than just a university. Home to around 1,000 postgraduate taught students, a one-year master’s from St Andrews will allow you to:
- Benefit from small class teaching with leading academics.
- Further your knowledge and understanding of your subject.
- Strengthen and build professional and academic relationships.
Located in a costal town where the medieval meets the cosmopolitan, St Andrews provides a truly diverse and vibrant student community with a global outlook. As a postgraduate student you will have access to cutting-edge resources, and benefit from a number of opportunities to grow yourself academically and personally, all whilst building solid foundations for your future career.
St Leonard's College
Home to postgraduates within the University, St Leonard’s College is designed to foster a vibrant and intellectually stimulating postgraduate community.
- Come together and make meaningful connections with regular networking opportunities.
- Benefit from free, comprehensive training programmes to support academic, professional, and personal development.
- Take advantage of exclusive study spaces within St Andrews at the Old Burgh School.
- Access wellbeing support and advice to help you manage academic commitments alongside your personal life.
Postgraduate students automatically become members of the College and can benefit from exclusive facilities within the Old Burgh School and Martyrs Kirk Library.
Advance your knowledge and contribute to your chosen field of study. Complete a PhD in three to four years, or focus on a research-led Masters degree and start with your own research from day one.