ScotGEM academic requirements
Applications have now closed
Applications for 2020 entry for this programme have now closed. For enquiries about undergraduate admissions for this course, please email email@example.com.
To be considered for interview, ScotGEM applicants must have achieved (or be predicted to achieve) a 1st or a 2.1 Honours degree, or equivalent. Honours degrees in Arts and Science and other disciplines will be accepted.
In addition, applicants must have achieved (or be predicted to achieve) the following academic requirements over and above the Honours degree:
- Chemistry Higher or A-Level (grade A or B) or equivalent.
- Mathematics at Standard Grade (Credit 1 or 2), Intermediate 2 (grade A or B), National 5 (grade A or B), or GCSE (grade B), or equivalent.
- Applicants will not be considered if their first degree does not meet the degree requirement, even if they subsequently gain further degrees (2.1 or 1st class Honours degree, Masters or PhD).
- Applicants who are on, or have been on, a medicine degree course will not be considered. This includes transfer students or those on an intercalating degree.
Examples of qualifications/study that might be accepted in lieu of Higher/A Level Chemistry;
- 20 credits of undergraduate-level Chemistry at high grades.
Modules of mixed science (e.g. Biochemistry) would not be accepted – modules must be pure Chemistry.
- Open University – Chemistry: essential concepts Module S215 – 60% or above.
- SAT Chemistry – 700+.
- University of Glasgow - Access to Science, Engineering & Nursing: Chemistry ADED11406E – grade B.
Other access courses and HNC qualifications are generally not accepted as they do not offer enough Chemistry.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.