Prof Russ Vince
Russ Vince is Professor of Leadership and Change in the School of Management, the University of Bath. At the University of St Andrews School of Management, Russ is Honorary Professor of Management and member of the Knowledge and Practice thematic research group. He is an internationally recognised expert in organisational learning and action learning.
Russ was Editor-in-Chief of the international academic journal Management Learning from 2005 to 2010. He was Associate Editor of the Academy of Management Learning and Education journal from 2017 to 2020. His books include:
- Organizing reflection (Taylor and Francis, 2017)
- The Handbook of Experiential Learning and Management Education (Oxford University Press, 2007)
- Organizing Reflection (Ashgate, 2004)
- Rethinking Strategic Learning, (Routledge, 2004)
- Group Relations, Management and Organisation (Oxford University Press, 1999)
- Managing Change, (Policy Press, 1996).
Russ was the Associate Dean (Research) at Bath School of Management from January 2011 to December 2013 and coordinated the School's submission to REF 2014.
For more about his work, see Russ's web page at University of Bath.
Russ's research is focussed on:
- management and organisational learning
- leadership and leadership development
- emotion in organisations
- application of psychoanalytic theory to the study of organisations
- the organisation of reflection
- critical action learning.