LGBT+ History month
The School of History marks LGBT+ History Month each February through events and activities focussed on showcasing LGBTQIA+ histories and the history of sexuality, and on improving and increasing our engagement with these in our research and teaching throughout the year.
Details of forthcoming events to mark LGBT+ History Month 2021 will appear in due course.
Examples of past events and activities:
- LGBT+ History Month 2020
- LGBT+ History Month 2019 – reading list
- The Indian Penal Code (section 3770 poster
- The Well of Loneliness (1928) by Radclyffe Hall poster
- Karl Heinrich Ulrichs poster
- ‘Taste in High Life’, Willian Hogarth, 1746 poster
- Charity Bryant and Sylvia Drake poster
- James VI & I – King of Scotland, England and Ireland poster
- Same sex relations in the Vienna Bible moralise poster