Scholarships for MSc in Economics
The School will award up to two £5,000 scholarships to selected successful applicants for its MSc in Economics programme with entry in September 2021.
When selecting a successful applicant, the School will prioritise those with exceptional merit who have demonstrated promise and willingness to pursue PhD research in Economics. All current holders of an offer for the MSc in Economics will automatically be considered for these awards.
The School welcomes strong applications from students with an undergraduate degree in Economics (either held or expected to be acquired by September 2021). Applicants with good undergraduate degrees in Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science and an enthusiasm for learning Economics are also encouraged to apply.
Recipients of these awards who later continue towards a PhD in Economics at St Andrews will also be given priority in the School’s allocation of PhD funding.
To be considered for these scholarships, you must apply by 31 March 2021.
For an application to be considered, it must include:
- a completed application form
- academic transcripts for all previous degrees
- two reference letters
- short statement of purpose
- where applicable, evidence of proficiency in English (IELTS test: a minimum score of 7 overall, with no less than 6.5 in each component).
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check the University pages for news of other scholarships.
We would like to highlight five Widening Participation funded scholarships (tuition fees) on offer for 2021 to eligible UK students who either:
- hold an undergraduate degree from the University of St Andrews and were admitted through a financial needs-based scholarship or a specified widening participation scheme (for example, Sutton Trust Summer School);
- hold an undergraduate degree from another UK university and were admitted through a specified widening participation scheme.
The scholarships are co-funded by Santander and the University’s St Leonard’s Postgraduate College. Applications for these scholarships must be submitted by Wednesday 24 March 2021. Full details are available online here.