1992, Ph.D. in Economics: Purdue University, USA
1990, MSc in Economics: Purdue University, USA
1988, MA in Economics: University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, USA
1982, BSc in Physics: Ocean University of China, China
2002 - , Senior lecturer: University of St Andrews, Scotland
1999 - 2002, Lecturer in Economics: The Queen’s University of Belfast, Northern Ireland
1992 - 1999, Research Fellow: Science Centre Berlin for Social Studies, Germany
1982 - 1986, Lecturer in Physics: Dalian Aquatic School, China
Publications in Refereed Journals
- Basic Income and a Public Job Offer (with F. FitzRoy), 2018，Journal of Poverty and Social Justice, Vol. 26, pp.191-206. Read Online
- Higher Tax for Top Earners (with F. FitzRoy), 2017, Journal of Economics, Vol. 122, pp.121-136. Read Online
- On the Microeconomic Foundations of Linear Demand for Differentiated Products (with R. Amir and P. Erickson), 2017, Journal of Economic Theory, Vol. 169, pp.641-665.
- Free Trade versus Autarky under Asymmetric Cournot Oligopoly (with R. Amir, and M. Troege), 2017, Review of International Economics, Vol. 25, pp.98-107.
- Impact of Risk Aversion and Countervailing Tax in Oligopoly (with S. Kobayashi), 2016, Annals of Finance, Vol. 12. pp.393-408.
- Prices and Deadweight Loss in Multi-Product Monopoly (with R. Amir, G, Pech and M. Troege), 2016, Journal of Public Economics Theory, Vol. 18, pp.346–362.
- R&D -Induced Industry Polarization and Shakeouts (with R. Amir and C. Halmenschlager), 2011, International Journal of Industrial Organization, Vol. 29, pp.386–398.
- Robust Results on the Sharing of Firm-Specific Information: Incentive and Welfare Effects (with R. Amir and M. Troege), 2010, Journal of Mathematical Economics, Vol. 46, pp.855-866.
- Asymmetric Duopoly under Different Market Structures (with O. Parcero), 2010, International Journal of Business and Economics, Vol. 9, pp.45-56.
- Firm-level Social Return to Education (with P. Martins), 2010, Journal of Population Economics, Vol. 23, pp.539-558.
- On Additive Spillovers and Returns to Scale in R&D (with R. Amir and M. Troege), 2008, International Journal of Industrial Organization, Vol. 26, pp.695-703.
- R&D Competition and Endogenous Spillovers (with M. Troege), 2006, Manchester School of Economics, Vol. 74, pp.44-51.
- Learning by doing, spillovers and shakeouts (with J. Perote-Peña and M. Troege), 2004, Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Vol. 14, pp.85-98.
- Public Information and Cost Reduction (with M. Troege), 2002, Journal of Economics, Vol. 75, pp.227-237.
- Strategic Cost Reduction and Cost Revelation, 2001, German Economic Review, Vol. 2, pp.99-111.
- Monopolistic Competition and Bounded Rationality, 2001, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Vol. 45, pp.175-184.
- Cournot and Bertrand Equilibria Compared (with R. Amir), 2001, International Journal of Industrial Organization, Vol. 19, pp.144-145.
- A Comment on “A General Model of Information Sharing”, 2000, Journal of Economic Theory, Vol. 93, pp.144-145.
- Sequencing R&D Decisions in a Two-Period Duopoly with Spillovers, (with M. Amir and R. Amir), 2000, Economic Theory, Vol. 15, pp.297-318.
- Demand-Induced Endogenous Price Leadership (with R. Amir and I. Grilo), 1999, International Game Theory Review, Vol. 1, pp.219-240.
- Information Sharing about a Demand Shock, 1998, Journal of Economics, Vol. 68, pp.137-152.
- A Test for Information Sharing in Cournot Oligopoly, 1996, Information Economics and Policy, Vol. 8, pp.75-86.
- Innovation Announcement with Vertical Differentiation, 1995, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Vol. 28, pp.399-408.
- Reconciliation of Unemployment-New Firm Startup Paradox (with D. Audretsch), 1994, Small Business Economics, Vol. 6, pp.381-385.
- Information Sharing through Sales Report, 1994, Journal of Industrial Economics, Vol. XLII, pp.323-334.
Published Articles in Books
- Poverty Orderings for the Dalton Utility-Gap Measures (with J. Foster), in the Distribution of Welfare and Household Production by Jenkins, Kapteyn and van Praag (eds.) Cambridge University Press 1998
- Innovation and Sales Data Exchange, 1996, in Collusion through Information Sharing? by Albach, Jin, Schenk (eds.) Berlin: Edition Sigma
- Collusion through Information Sharing? (with H. Albach and C. Schenk) Berlin: Edition Sigma 1996