As an organisation which is registered in Scotland as a charity, the University must publicise its charitable status.
It is required to provide this information in all external documents and communications, both print and electronic.
Please ensure that all relevant materials include the information which should be presented in this way:
The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland, No: SC013532
The Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator has provided a list of documents which must comply:
- external letters and emails
- the home page of the website
- advertisements, notices and official publications
- documents that ask for donations to the University
- bills issued
- invoices and receipts
- annual accounts
- direct debit and standing order mandates
- educational, promotional or campaign materials
- legal conveyance documents about land rights (buying, selling or transferring land)