Research information system - Pure
Pure is a web based system that replaced the Research Expertise publications database, providing improved functionality for all users. This system has been successfully tried and tested in the UK and throughout Europe.
Capture of research activities
Pure offers the flexibility to capture many research-related activities such as:
- Research outputs (publications), including full-text which can be passed through to St Andrews Research Repository, the university's Open Access Institutional Repository.
- Professional activities and awards, outreach and knowledge exchange.
- Statements relating to the impact of research - in preparation for the Research Excellence Framework (REF).
Integration with other central systems
Pure is fully integrated with data from other central systems such as:
- Staff details from Human Resources.
- Postgraduate research student details, including funding and supervisor details, from Registry and Finance.
- Research project details (grants, consultancy, studentships, etc.) from Research Funding Office.
- Pure links to the university research portal to increase the visibility of your research - St Andrews Research Portal.
This project was set up as a joint project with the University of Aberdeen. Together, we were the first universities in the UK to use Pure. Over 25 others, including Strathclyde, York, Dundee, Edinburgh and Royal Holloway have now implemented Pure.
For further details contact the Digital Research team - email@example.com.