Research information system - Pure
Pure is a web based system that replaces the Research Expertise publications database, providing improved functionality for all users. This new system has already been successfully tried and tested in several European countries.
Capture of research activities
Pure offers the flexibility to capture many research-related activities such as:
- Research outputs (publications), including full-text which can be passed through to the University's Open Access Institutional Repository - Research@StAndrews: Full text.
- Professional activities and awards, outreach and knowledge exchange.
- Statements relating to the impact of research - in preparation for the Research Excellence Framework (REF).
Integration with other central systems
Pure is also fully integrated with data from other central systems such as:
- Staff details from Human Resources.
- Postgraduate research student details, including funding and supervisor details, from Registry and Finance.
- Research project details (grants, consultancy, studentships, etc.) from Research Funding Office.
- Pure links to a new portal to increase the visibility of your research - Research@StAndrews: Portal
This project has been run as a joint project with the University of Aberdeen. Together, we are the first universities in the UK to use Pure. Others, including Strathclyde, York and Royal Holloway will also now implement Pure.
For further details contact the Research Policy Office - firstname.lastname@example.org.