FORBES, JOHN [SSNE 871]
Text sourceJohn Forbes was a boatswain in Denmark-Norway. He was admitted burgess of Copenhagen on 24 October 1688. This may be the same as Johan Forbes, a foreigner who was locked up in the tolbooth in Elsinore in 1662-1664 over a conflict to do with Customs. He was released after the king sent a letter to the magistrates.
J. Lindbæk, (ed.), Aktstykker og oplysninger til statskollegiets historie, 1660-1676 (2 vols., Copenhagen, 1903-1904), I, p.151: T. Riis, Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot (Odense, 1988), II, p.193.
- DENMARK-NORWAY, ELSINORE
- Arrived 1662-11-25
- Departed 1664-03-02
- Capacity MERCHANT PRISONER, purpose TRADE, COMMERCE
- DENMARK-NORWAY, COPENHAGEN
- Arrived 1688-01-01, as BOATSWAIN
- Departed 1688-12-31, as BOATSWAIN
- Capacity BURGESS, purpose CIVIC