O'BRIEN, LUDWIG [SSNE 5378]
- O'BRIEN, O'BRIENT, BRYANT
- First name
- LUDWIG, LUDVIG
- Social status
Text sourceLudvig O' Brient served in the Danish-Norwegian navy between 1643 and 1660 as a 'feltskjaer', or barber-surgeon. On leaving naval service he settled in the town of Bragernes where he was allowed to live free of taxes and other payments. He was also allowed to establish a monopoly barber's shop in the town where he had been living since c.1660. In September 1677 O'Brient's widow, Annicke, received permission to continue her husband's buisiness with the help of an enterprising servant.
R. Fladby (ed.), Norske Kongebrev (6 vols., Oslo, 1962), I, p.55 and II, pp.44 and 207.
- DENMARK-NORWAY, DANISH NAVY
- Arrived 1643-05-01
- Departed 1660-12-31
- Capacity BARBER SURGEON (DOCTOR?), purpose MEDICAL, NAVAL
- DENMARK-NORWAY, BRAGERNES, NORWAY
- Arrived 1660-01-01
- Departed 1677-09-20
- Capacity BARBER, purpose MEDICAL, COMMERCIAL