FORBES, ANDERS [SSNE 4949]
- FORBES, FORBUS AF LUND
- First name
Text sourceAnders Forbes of Lund began his military career as an ensign with the Uppland Regiment. He was a lieutenant there by 1700. He was captured at poltava in 1709 and later returned to Sweden minus both feet and three fingers on his left hand. He died in August 1753 in Sidö.
P. Englund, The Battle of Poltava: The Birth of the Russian Empire (London, 1992), Biographical Appendix, p.267; A. Lewenhaupt, Karl XII:s Officerare Biografiska anteckningar (2 vols., Stockholm, 1920), I, p.205.
- SWEDEN, UPPLAND REGIMENT
- Arrived 1698-01-01, as ENSIGN
- Departed 1709-06-28, as LIEUTENANT
- Capacity OFFICER, purpose MILITARY
- SWEDEN, POLTAVA, RUSSIA
- Arrived 1709-06-28, as LIEUTENANT
- Departed 1722-12-31, as LIEUTENANT
- Capacity PRISONER, purpose MILITARY