BOIJ jnr., ANTON [SSNE 4945]
Text sourceAnton Boij was the son of Anton Boij snr., [SSNE 4771] and grandson of Anders Boij [SSNE 4344]. He ws born in Stockholm in 1682 and later became a student in Uppsala on 11/01/1693. Thereafter Anton studied abroad until about 1712. On his return to Sweden he joined the army serving as a adjudant with C. G. Morner in 1713. He became a captain in the Narkes och Varmlands in 1716 where he kept his commission until 1719. After his retirement from the army Anton jnr took on the running of the family factory until his death on 25/01/1734. Anton married Catharina Wetzler, a daughter of Dorothea Clerck. Anton had a brother, Anders [SSNE 4944].
A. Lewenhaupt, Karl XII:s Officerare Biografiska anteckningar (2 vols., Stockholm, 1920), I, p.38; Svenska Adelns Ättartavlor, vol. I, p.473; Steve Murdoch, Network North: Scottish Kin, Commercial and Covert Associations in Northern Europe, 1603-1746 (Brill, Leiden, 2006), pp.186-187.
- SWEDEN, UPPSALA, FOREIGN UNIVERSITIES
- Arrived 1693-01-11
- Departed 1713-12-31
- Capacity STUDENT, purpose ACADEMIC
- SWEDEN, MORNER'S, NARKE OCH VARMLANDS
- Arrived 1713-01-01, as ADJUDANT
- Departed 1719-12-31, as CAPTAIN
- Capacity OFFICER, purpose MILITARY
- SWEDEN, STOCKHOLM
- Arrived 1719-01-01
- Departed 1734-01-25
- Capacity FACTORY OWNER, purpose TRADE, CIVIC, MANUFACTURE