PFEIFF, DANIEL [SSNE 4801]
- PFEIFF, FIFE
- First name
- Social status
Text sourceDaniel Pfeif was the great grandson of George Pfeiff/Fife, a Scot who had apparently fled to Pomerania due to religious persecution in the 1500s. Daniel's father, Johan Jakob [SSNE 423], came to Stockholm in 1639 and Daniel jr. was born in Stockholm in 1653. It is uncertain who his mother was. He was a chancellor at the Nijmegen congress in 1679. He also worked in the royal chancellery in 1680. He was ennobled in 1678 along with his siblings on the merits of his father. The were introduced in 1680. In 1685 he was a secretary in the Abo main court, and he served as an assessor there in 1692. He died in 1701. He was married into the Swedish nobility. Both David [SSNE 708] and David [SSNE 2471] were probably related to him.
Svenska Adelns Attartavlor, vol. 5, p.693.
- SWEDEN, ROYAL SERVICE
- Arrived 1679-01-01, as CHANCELLOR
- Departed 1680-12-31, as CHANCELLOR
- Capacity CHANCELLOR, purpose ROYAL SERVICE
- SWEDEN, ABO MAIN COURT, FINLAND
- Arrived 1685-01-01, as SECRETARY
- Departed 1692-12-31, as ASSESSOR
- Capacity ASSESSOR, purpose CIVIC