LEARMONTH, JOHN [SSNE 441]
- LEARMONTH, LERMONTH, LERMONT, LERMOND, LERMUND, LERMUNDH, LEIRMONT, LEARMOND, LEERMONTH
- First name
- BALCOMIE, FIFE
- Social status
Text sourceCaptain John Learmonth was the brother of Lord Balcomie. He served in the Danish-Norwegian army as a captain in command of a company in Colonel Donald Mackay's [SSNE 93]regiment, but died of wounds received in action at Boitzenburg 1627.
T. Riis, Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot (Odense, 1988), II, p.122; R. Monro, His Expedition with a worthy Scots Regiment called Mac-Keyes (London, 1637), I, pp.11-3 and 33.
- DENMARK-NORWAY, MACKAY'S REGIMENT
- Arrived 1627-01-01, as CAPTAIN
- Departed 1627-12-31, as CAPTAIN
- Capacity OFFICER, purpose MILITARY