WAUCHOP, JOHN [SSNE 4220]
- WAUCHOP, WAUGHOPE, WACOP, WAUCHOPE
- First name
- JOHN, JOANNES, JOHAN
- Social status
Text sourceJohn Wauchope is listed as one of the Scottish officers who under the auspices of James Spens [SSNE 1642]was sent to King James VI and I in 1608/9 with Samuel Cockburn [SSNE 4219], Hugh Cochran [SSNE 4221], Daniel Rogers [SSNE 4222], Robert Kinnaird [SSNE 4223], George Douglas [SSNE 2129], William Horne [SSNE 4224], and Patrick Ruthven [SSNE 3413] seeking levies. He is also listed as one of the officers in Gustav II Adolf's only Scottish regiment during the Kalmar War, 1611-13.
Swedish Riksarkiv, Latin registratur 1606-1609, fol. 76r, dated Stockholm 17 December 1609; T. Fischer, The Scots in Sweden (Edinburgh, 1907), p.72.
- SWEDEN, SCOTLAND
- Arrived 1608-01-01, as OFFICER
- Departed 1609-12-31, as OFFICER
- Capacity RECRUITER, purpose MILITARY
- SWEDEN, SAMUEL COCKBURN
- Arrived 1609-01-01, as LIEUTENANT
- Departed 1613-12-31, as LIEUTENANT
- Capacity OFFICER, purpose MILITARY