GORDON, JOHN [SSNE 3904]
- First name
- AUCHLEUCHRIES, ABERDEENSHIRE
- Social status
Text sourceJohn Gordon's military career started as an ensign in the Russian army, never completing his studies at Douai and Edinburgh. He later managed the family estate of Auchleuchries near Ellon. In 1698 he visited Moscow with his wife.
D. Fedosov, The Caledonian Connection (Aberdeen, 1996).
- RUSSIA, RUSSIAN ARMY
- Arrived 1666-01-01, as ENSIGN
- Departed 1667-12-31, as ENSIGN
- Capacity OFFICER, purpose MILITARY
- SCOTLAND, RUSSIA, MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Arrived 1698-01-01
- Departed 1698-12-31
- Capacity TRAVELLER, purpose MISC.