FALCONER, WILLIAM [SSNE 2181]
- FALCONER, FALCUNER, FALKONER
- First name
- Social status
Text sourceWilliam Falconer served in Sweden as an ensign with James Spens'[SSNE 1642] regiment until 1626, then as a captain in James Ramsay's [SSNE 3315]regiment until 1628. He was promoted major by 1632 when he served in William Gunn's [SSNE 159] recruited infantry squadron under John Kinninmonth's [SSNE 2828] regiment. He was still serving at that rank in 1636 and so likely participated in the Battle of Wittstock.
R. Monro, His Expedition with the worthy Scots regiment called Mackeyes (2 vols., London, 1632), II, List of the Scottish Officers in Chief; Swedish Krigsarkiv, Muster Roll, 1625/3,5,6; 1626/3,4-9; 1627/9,12; 1628/6-10, 12.; 1630/37; 1636/17.
- SWEDEN, JAMES SPENS, JAMES RAMSAY, WILLIAM GUNN, JOHN KINNEMOND
- Arrived 1625-01-01, as ENSIGN
- Departed 1636-12-31, as MAJOR
- Capacity OFFICER, purpose MILITARY