CAHUN, PETTER [SSNE 2006]
- First name
- PETTER, PETER
- LIEUTENANT, HOVMÄSTARE
- Social status
Text sourcePetter Cahun was a grandson of the factory owner in Falu, Peter Cahun [SSNE 4774]. He must have been related to John/Hans[SSNE 2004]. He served as regimental adjutant in Berg regiment from c.1675, became sergeant, and left in 1677. He re-enlisted and became lieutenant in the Dalar regiment, and finally in K.G. Skytte's dragoon regiment. He spent much of his time in Kristianstad. Between 1681-1683 Cahun became Hovmästare in the court of Duchess Maria Sophia Oxenstierna and from about 1686 he was in the Dutch Republic.
Swedish Krigsarkiv, Muster Roll, 1675/5, SERGEANT; 1677/12 FANRIK, TOOK LEAVE; 1678/5 LIEUTENANT; 1679/10. 15; 1681/3 TOOK LEAVE; P. Möller, 'Colquhon-cahun-gahn-canonheilm; en boskillnad' in Person Historisk Tidskrift, 1966, pp.85-125.
- SWEDEN, KARL G SKYTTE'S DRAGOON REGIMENT
- Arrived 1675-01-01, as REG.ADJUTANT
- Departed 1681-12-31, as LIEUTENANT
- Capacity OFFICER, purpose MILITARY
- SWEDEN, MARIA OXENSTIERNA'S COURT
- Arrived 1681-01-01
- Departed 1683-12-31
- Capacity HOVMÄSTARE, purpose MISC.
- THE DUTCH REPUBLIC, THE DUTCH REPUBLIC
- Arrived 1686-01-01
- Capacity UNKNOWN, purpose MISC.