Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Research Fellowship, Sea Mammal Research Unit, University of St Andrews, Scotland (2003-present)
Research Fellowship, Sea Mammal Research Unit, University of St Andrews, Scotland (2001-2003)
British Antarctic Survey, Cambridge, UK (2000-2001)
- PhD, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada (1994-1999)
- Graduate Scholarship: Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship (1994 - 1999)
- PhD thesis: Hooker, S.K. 1999. Resource and habitat use of northern bottlenose whales in the Gully:
ecology, diving and ranging behaviour.
PhD: Abstract, Table of Contents and downloadable electronic copy (.pdf)
- Pembroke College, Oxford University (1989 - 1993). Zoology with supplementary Anthropology (2:1 with distinction).
- Honours project: Hooker, S.K. 1993. The ranging behaviour of the ship rat, Rattus rattus, and implications for its control.