- The first International Conference on Marine Mammal Protected Areas (ICMMPA).
30 Mar-3 April 2009, Maui, HI.
- Northern bottlenose whale research in the Gully, eastern Canada
- Data required to design science-based MPA networks
- Case study: The Gully, eastern Canada
- Biennial Conference on the Biology of Marine Mammals, Capetown, 2007.
- Changes in bottlenose whale contaminants coincident with oil and gas development near a marine
- National Geographic Animal-Borne Imaging Symposium. 10-13 October 2007.
- Data sampling protocols in predator-attached video cameras: considerations based on deployments
with Antarctic fur seals.
- Wild Insights Ltd. Venus camera systems
- JIP Workshop: The technology requirements for the JIP (Joint Industry Program) research
program on effects of sound on marine wildlife. 20th-22nd March 2007. St Andrews, Scotland
- CIESM (the Mediterranean Science Commission) Research Workshop no 25, 2004
Understanding the Role of Cetaceans in their Ecosystem.
- Biennial Conference on the Biology of Marine Mammals, Greensborough, USA, 2003.
- Avoidance of shallow-water blackout in fur seals.
- International Symposium on Biologging Science, Tokyo, Japan, 2003.
- The environmental basis for fur seal ecology - using digital video cameras to establish prey encounter rate
- Invited Speaker, 10th Reunion de Trabajo de Especialistas en Mamiferos Aquaticos
de America del Sur, Chile, 2002.
- Foraging behaviour of Antarctic fur seals - insights from novel tags.
- Using top predators as indicator species in designing marine reserves.
- Challenger Society Conference, Plymouth, UK, 2002.
- Oceanographic sampling using marine mammals: implications for the study of oceanography and marine mammal foraging ecology.
- Biennial Conference on the Biology of Marine Mammals, Vancouver, Canada, 2001.
- Fine-scale foraging behaviour of Antarctic fur seals: prey field observations from a digital camera
- Society for Conservation Biology, Annual Conference, Hawaii 2001.
- Co-organiser with Dr L. Gerber of Symposium: The application of top predator distribution to the
design and efficacy of marine reserves.
- [Symposium details]
- Biennial Conference on the Biology of Marine Mammals, Maui, Hawaii, 1999.
- Northern bottlenose whales: foraging in a productive benthic ecosystem and consequences for male territoriality.
- Biopsy sampling workshop: Virtues of multiple-use of biopsy samples.
- GIS workshop: The influence of biotic and abiotic oceanographic features on the distribution of northern bottlenose whales in a submarine canyon.
- Annual Meeting of the American Society of Mammalogists, Blacksburg, Virginia, 1998.
- Diving behaviour of northern bottlenose whales, Hyperoodon ampullatus, in the Gully, Eastern Canada.
- Society for Marine Mammalogy and European Cetacean Society Conference, Monaco, 1998.
- Echolocation of northern bottlenose whales - an analysis of click characteristics and their implications for foraging.
- Student Workshop: Journals: Where to Publish? [Compiled website from this]
- Video presentation: Northern bottlenose whales in the Gully, Nova Scotia.