Skip navigation to content

Student room telephone information

Every student bedroom in each hall of residence is equipped with a 5 digit telephone extension.  If your extension does not show a numbered label call the
ResTel office on extn 7221 from your room extension.

All student extensions are active for internal calls only, therefore to dial any other University extension just dial the extension number.

All student bedroom telephone faults should be reported immediately to the to the relevant manager of your Hall of Residence. In exceptional circumstances report the fault to the Tel office via e mail.

Any student who feels they are receiving unwanted or abusive telephone calls should, in the first instance, report this to their Residence Manager.

It is possible to make external calls to the external network, but only by using a calling card that has a freefone number to call. These are available locally.


Telephone Office

Old Union
79 North Street
St Andrews
KY16 9AJ
Scotland, United Kingdom

Tel: 01334 462100