The MSc in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) with a Specialism for Technology in Teaching is designed to be useful to both experienced English language teachers as well as those considering a career in English language teaching. It is aimed at teachers with a particular interest in technology for teaching.
- Focus your studies in your particular area of interest, and gain a better theoretical and practical understanding of the challenges and opportunities related to technology for teaching.
- Take a specific Technology for Teaching module, conduct research in this area as part of an Action Research module, and choose a dissertation topic to research further into the field of technology for teaching.
- Join experienced practitioners and scholars in the English language teaching community, with opportunities to be involved in ongoing professional development events and the annual English for Academic Purposes (EAP) conference.
- Integrate theory and practice – discuss theoretical concepts and frameworks in small groups and apply these through practical assessments and peer teaching sessions.
- Engage in, and reflect on, a new language learning experience as part of the programme to gain a 360 degree perspective on language teaching and learning.
You will take a variety of taught modules over the first two semesters of the programme, which are delivered through a mix of lectures, seminars, tutorials and out-of-class activities.
In these modules, you will integrate theory and practice by discussing and critiquing theoretical concepts and frameworks, and then applying them through a range of practical assessments. Assessments will include written assignments, presentations, the development of teaching plans, and observed teaching sessions.
Further particulars regarding curriculum development.