Postgraduate; leading to a Master of Science (MSc)
The TESOL MSc Distance Learning has two start dates:
- 9 September 2019, for students starting in Semester 1
- 20 January 2020, for students starting in Semester 2
Between two and five years part-time
A good 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline or significant professional or other relevant experience. If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
Evidence of prior alternative learning such as professional qualifications or certifications.
English language proficiency. See English language tests and qualifications.
The qualifications listed are indicative minimum requirements for entry. Some academic Schools will ask applicants to achieve significantly higher marks than the minimum. Obtaining the listed entry requirements will not guarantee you a place, as the University considers all aspects of every application including, where applicable, the writing sample, personal statement, and supporting documents.
UK, EU and overseas: £9,000
Payment can be made in instalments of £3,000, each of which covers 60 credits of tuition. Students will be eligible for a PG Cert award after successfully completing 60 credit. They will be eligible for a PG Dip award after successfully completing 120 credits.
Applications will be accepted until shortly before teaching starts.
- personal statement (500 words)
- two original signed references (at least one of which must be academic)
- academic transcripts and degree certificates
- evidence of English language proficiency (required if English is not your first language).
For more guidance, see supporting documents and references for postgraduate taught programmes.