Postgraduate, leading to a Master of Science (MSc)
- Start date: 5 September 2022
- End date: 30 September 2023
Information about all programmes from previous years of entry can be found in the archive.
One year full time; part-time study is not currently offered.
The MSc in Sustainable Development welcomes applicants from a range of disciplinary backgrounds including, but not limited to:
- business or management
- environmental history
- environmental science
The qualifications listed are indicative minimum requirements for entry. Some academic Schools will ask applicants to achieve significantly higher marks than the minimum. Obtaining the listed entry requirements will not guarantee you a place, as the University considers all aspects of every application including, where applicable, the writing sample, personal statement, and supporting documents.
Thursday 11 August 2022. Applicants should apply as early as possible to be eligible for certain scholarships and for international visa purposes.
- A CV or résumé. This should include your personal details with a history of your education and employment to date.
- A personal statement explaining:
- why you have applied for this course
- how the course relates to your personal or professional ambitions
- how your academic and professional background show you have the skills needed to work effectively at postgraduate level.
- A sample of your own, single-authored academic written work such as an extract from a previous project, essay, or undergraduate dissertation.
- Two original signed academic references on headed paper.
- Academic transcripts and degree certificates.
- Evidence of English language proficiency (required if English is not your first language).
For more guidance, see supporting documents and references for postgraduate taught programmes.