Faculty of Divinity
The Faculty of Divinity is led by the Dean of Arts and Divinity. The Faculty is also supported by the Principal of St Mary's college, currently the Very Rev Dr Ian C Bradley. The Faculty houses the University's School of Divinity.
Two degrees are awarded by the Faculty of Divinity:
- The MTheol (Master of Theology) Honours is awarded to students who complete 480 credits over a period of four years.
- The BD (Bachelor of Divinity) Honours is awarded to students who already have an undergraduate degree and complete 390 credits over a period of three years.
MA (Master of Arts) Honours degrees are also offered in various Divinity subjects by the Faculty of Arts. Degrees offered in this form include Biblical Studies, Hebrew, New Testament and Theology Studies. Joint Honours programmes shared between Divinity and Arts will also lead to MA Honours degrees.
The specific subject entrance requirements listed on the subject pages are in addition to the following minimum Faculty Requirements. Applicants must satisfy one of the following:
- SQA National 5 (B or above) in English and one SQA National 5 (B or above) from the following:
- Computing Science or equivalent
- Lifeskills Mathematics (A grade)
- GCSE (B or above) in English, English Language or English Literature and one GCSE (B or above) from the following:
- Computer Science or equivalent
- Passes in other examinations at such levels and in such subjects as the Dean may accept as a qualification equivalent to those mentioned.
The Dean of the Faculty may grant exemptions from these conditions under some circumstances.
Further information on entrance requirements
- Candidates may satisfy the entrance requirements by successful completion of special entry or Access courses.
- Applications from mature candidates are welcome and entrance requirements may be relaxed for such candidates in the light of other qualifications or experience.
- Other UK qualifications such as Open University credits may be accepted in full or partial satisfaction of the Faculty entry requirements.
- International students whose first language is not English must have a certain level of English which can be indicated either by a satisfactory score in English language requirements or other proof of English language proficiency such as a high level of achievement within an international qualification.