Postgraduate, leading to a Master of Research (MRes)
- Start date: 24 August 2020
- End date: 30 September 2021
If you started this programme in 2019, you can find information about 2019 entry on the 2019 Neuroscience MRes page. Information about all programmes from previous years of entry can be found in the archive.
One year full time
- Undergraduate degree (typically 2.1 or higher) in a science-related subject (e.g. neuroscience, chemistry, physics, biology, psychology or computer science). If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
- Candidates with other suitable and equivalent qualifications such as relevant work experience or research accomplishments will also be considered.
- English language proficiency. See English language tests and qualifications.
The qualifications listed are indicative minimum requirements for entry. Some academic Schools will ask applicants to achieve significantly higher marks than the minimum. Obtaining the listed entry requirements will not guarantee you a place, as the University considers all aspects of every application including, where applicable, the writing sample, personal statement, and supporting documents.
UK and EU: £9,450
31 May 2020. Applicants should apply as early as possible to be eligible for certain scholarships and for international visa purposes.
- CV or résumé
- personal statement, including rationale for working with particular advisors (500 words maximum)
- two letters of recommendation
- academic transcripts and degree certificates
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact a potential advisor within the School before applying, and to provide a letter of support from this person (see contact information for all participating faculty).
- evidence of English language proficiency (required if English is not your first language).
For more guidance, see supporting documents and references for postgraduate taught programmes.