Postgraduate, leading to a Master of Science (MSc)
- Start date: 6 September 2021
- End date: 30 September 2022
Information about all programmes from previous years of entry can be found in the archive.
One year (12 months) full time
- A good 2.1 undergraduate Honours degree in business, economics, finance or a related subject from the UK or the equivalent international qualification. The University also considers applicants who have majored in another subject but have a business or finance minor. Applicants with business experience are welcome, and work experience may be taken into account in the evaluation of applications.
- If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
- English language proficiency. See English language tests and qualifications.
The qualifications listed are indicative minimum requirements for entry. Some academic Schools will ask applicants to achieve significantly higher marks than the minimum. Obtaining the listed entry requirements will not guarantee you a place, as the University considers all aspects of every application including, where applicable, the writing sample, personal statement, and supporting documents.
Admission to this programme will close once the programme is full. Applicants should apply as early as possible to be eligible for certain scholarships and for international visa purposes and to ensure their application is submitted before the programme is full.
- personal statement explaining why you have chosen the programme, why this subject is important to you and why you have applied to study at the University of St Andrews in particular (500 words)
- one original signed academic reference
- academic transcripts and degree certificates
- evidence of English language proficiency (required if English is not your first language).
A sample of academic writing is not required for this programme.
For more guidance, see supporting documents and references for postgraduate taught programmes.