Postgraduate; leading to a Master of Science (MSc)
- Start date: 10 September 2018
- End date: 30 September 2019
If you started this programme in 2017, you can find information about 2017 entry on the 2017 Banking and Finance page. Information about all programmes from previous years of entry can be found in our archive.
One year (12 months) full time
A good 2.1 undergraduate Honours degree in a closely related discipline such as finance, accounting and economics from the UK or the equivalent international qualification. Applicants with business experience are welcome, and we will take work experience into account when evaluating applications.
If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
English language proficiency. See English language tests and qualifications.
The qualifications listed are indicative minimum requirements for entry. Some academic Schools will ask applicants to achieve significantly higher marks than the minimum. Obtaining the listed entry requirements will not guarantee you a place, as the University considers all aspects of every application including, where applicable, the writing sample, personal statement, and supporting documents.
UK and EU: £10,360
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and admission to this programme will close once the programme is full. Applicants should apply as early as possible to be eligible for certain scholarships and for international visa purposes and to ensure their application is submitted before the programme is full.
- personal statement explaining why you have chosen the programme, why this subject is important to you and why you have applied to study at the University of St Andrews in particular (500 words)
- two original signed academic references
- academic transcripts and degree certificates
- evidence of English language proficiency (required if English is not your first language).
For more guidance, see supporting documents and references for postgraduate taught programmes.