Postgraduate, leading to a Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
- Start date: 6 September 2021
- End date: 30 September 2023
Information about all programmes from previous years of entry can be found in the archive.
Two years full time
The entry requirements for the MPhil are the same as the Peacebuilding and Mediation MLitt:
However, students studying for the two-year MPhil degree will be reviewed during their first year of study to determine whether they can progress to Year 2 to complete the MPhil.
The MPhil entry review is based on standard University MPhil progression criteria and expectations.
The qualifications listed are indicative minimum requirements for entry. Some academic Schools will ask applicants to achieve significantly higher marks than the minimum. Obtaining the listed entry requirements will not guarantee you a place, as the University considers all aspects of every application including, where applicable, the writing sample, personal statement, and supporting documents.
Information about tuition fees for the first year can be found on the Peacebuilding and Mediation MLitt page.
Tuition fees in the second year will follow the postgraduate research fees.
Friday 30 April 2021. Applicants should apply as early as possible to be eligible for certain scholarships and for international visa purposes.
- CV or résumé
- personal statement indicating your knowledge of the programme and how it will benefit you (500 words)
- sample of academic written work (2,000 words)
- two original signed academic or professional references
- academic transcripts and degree certificates
- evidence of English language proficiency (required if English is not your first language).
For more guidance, see supporting documents and references for postgraduate taught programmes.