Postgraduate, leading to a Master of Research (MRes)
The programme has been withdrawn for the 2020-2021 academic year.
If you started this programme in 2019, you can find information about 2019 entry on the 2019 International Relations MRes page. Information about all programmes from previous years of entry can be found in the archive.
One year full time
The qualifications listed are indicative minimum requirements for entry. Some academic Schools will ask applicants to achieve significantly higher marks than the minimum. Obtaining the listed entry requirements will not guarantee you a place, as the University considers all aspects of every application including, where applicable, the writing sample, personal statement, and supporting documents.
UK and EU: £9,450
The programme has been withdrawn for the year 2020-2021.
- CV or résumé
- personal statement indicating your knowledge of the programme and how it will benefit you (500 words)
- a research proposal (no more than 1,000 words). As this degree is normally taken as preparation for a PhD, a description of intended research helps the School assess both your suitability for a research degree and whether they can offer supervision.
- sample of academic written work (2,000 words)
- two original signed academic references
- academic transcripts and degree certificates
- evidence of English language proficiency (required if English is not your first language).
For more guidance, see supporting documents and references for postgraduate taught programmes.