An integrated pathway into year three of a full degree programme.
Two years full time
- Start date: 7 September 2020
After successful completion of year two, students will progress directly into year three of one of our named degree programmes within the Faculty of Science.
Do I need to have studied this subject before?
Some subjects may require specific subject knowledge.
St Andrews students must meet with their Adviser of Studies at the beginning of Semester 1 in September to complete advising – a compulsory part of the matriculation process. After module choices have been decided, a timetable will be allocated indicating the dates and times of classes.
How to apply
Applicants must have been out of full time education for a minimum of three years prior to application and be over 21 years of age.
Typically, candidates for FE-HE Pathways are those who have not progressed to higher education at school leaving age.
Typical entry requirements
Typical academic entry requirements could be one of the following:
- SWAP Access to Sciences: AAA Profile
- HNC Applied Science: B in graded units
- SQA Highers: BBBB in relevant subjects
Offers will be determined on individual applications and the course being studied. Offers will take into consideration contextual admissions information as well as academic performance.
Typically, candidates for the Pathway programme and meet some, if not all, of the following contextual criteria:
- live in an area of deprivation as defined by the Scottish Government as SIMD20
- attend a low progression school
- are care experienced as defined by the local authority
- were a registered young carer
- are currently studying at a further education college
- have family or caring commitments which limit their higher education choices.
Applicants under serious consideration for this route will be required to attend an informal meeting with a member of the Admissions team and a member of academic staff to discuss their application and particular circumstances in more detail.