English language test profiles
This page includes a full list of English language test profiles. The course, programme or degree that you wish to study defines the English language test profile relevant to your application.
Not sure what profile applies to your application?
Please refer to the information available on the English language requirements pages for pre-degree, undergraduate and postgraduate study, to identify what English language test profile applies to your course of study.
There are three English language profile categories:
- Direct entry: these profiles can typically be used to meet requirements for direct entry onto an undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme. These profiles have the letter "D" in their name. For example, Profile 1-D.
- Faculty of Medicine: these profiles only apply to undergraduate applicants to the Faculty of Medicine. These profiles have the letter "M" in their name. For example, 2-M.
- Secure English Language Test: these profiles apply to students who need to provide a Secure English Language Test (SELT) to demonstrate English language ability when applying for a visa. Pre-degree programmes typically require the provision of a SELT. These profiles have the letter "S" in their name. For example, 3-S.
The English language test profiles below are based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) benchmarking tables developed by the University
Profiles for Faculty of Arts, Divinity, and Science
- Profile 1-D (Direct entry)
- Profile 3-D (Direct entry)
- Profile 4-D (Direct entry)
- Profile 5-D (Direct entry)
- Profile 6-D (Direct entry)
- Profile 7-D (Direct entry)