Coronavirus information and guidance

Apply for a Student visa

If you are an International, EU, EEA and Swiss students studying in the UK for more than six months, you may need to apply for a Student visa before you enter the UK. Find out if you need a visa.

Please refer to the UKVI Student visa policy guidance which sets out the exact requirements for a Student visa application.

If you are an applicant with an existing UK visa, or if you are a current student requiring a new visa, and are applying from within the UK, you may be subject to different documentary requirements. Please contact the International Advice team for more information, or to find out if you are eligible to apply in the UK. 

Supporting documents

Your supporting documents must be scanned and uploaded either before or during your biometric appontment, or mailed in, whichever option is appropriate for the country you are applying in. You should also provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English.  

You also need to make sure that you have one blank page, front and back, in your passport or travel document where you visa vignette will be attached.