Coronavirus information and guidance

Registering with the UK police

You may need to register with the police if you come to the UK for longer than six months, extend your current leave, or switch to a different visa.

You will be informed if you need to register with the police on one of the following documents:

  • your entry visa vignette (sticker in your passport), if you’re travelling to the UK
  • the Home Office letter that approved your application for leave
  • the Home Office letter that comes with your biometric residence permit (BRP) card.

Please look at your entry clearance vignette and read your letter carefully.

You will be given information on how to make an appointment to register with Police Scotland Fife Division during matriculation at St Andrews.

Further information can be found on the UKVI website or the Police Scotland website.