Moving to the UK

As an international student planning on moving to the UK for your studies, you’ll want to make sure you arrive in the UK successfully with all you need. You can find out all about applying for visas, living and working in the UK, and bringing your belongings in the sections below.

Some international students will need a visa in order to study at the University under the UK immigration system. Find out whether you will require a visa here.

Students who usually live outside the EU are likely to need a Tier 4 visa in order to study at St Andrews. Investigate whether a Tier 4 visa is suitable for you.

The UK immigration system requires that some international students register with the local police when they arrive in the UK. Find out more about this process.

Moving to a new country doesn’t have to be a daunting process – find out key information about living in the UK.

Find out if you will be able to work in the UK during your studies, as well as what opportunities for employment exist beyond your studies.

Find out what to pack and what you’d be better off leaving behind.