Bringing your family

Studying in the UK doesn’t mean you need to come alone. Students, both international and from the EEA, can bring their families as dependants with them. Families and friends are also able to visit you during your time in the UK on a visitor’s visa.

If you are studying on a Tier 4 visa, and would like your family to accompany you to the UK, you will need to claim them as your dependant.

Family members of EEA or Swiss nationals can come to the UK without restriction.

Family and friends who are subject to immigration control can visit you on a visitor’s visa. You should also consider where they will stay whilst they are in the UK.