St Andrews General Wardlaw Scholarship2021 entry
The Wardlaw Scholarship scheme was established in 2004 through the generous donations from alumni and friends to provide financial assistance to academically gifted students who would otherwise struggle with the cost of studying at the University of St Andrews.
A number of different Wardlaw scholarships are available each year to new entrants. The value of individual Wardlaw scholarships usually range from £1,000 to £4,000 per year, and most are awarded for the duration of a student’s course.
The Wardlaw scholarships are based on financial need, students should demonstrate a below average household income and a need for funding in their application.
The General Wardlaw is open to applicants with a fee status of ‘Home (Scotland)’ or ‘RUK’ (England, Wales and Northern Ireland). Some Wardlaw scholarships have more specific eligibility criteria, usually relating to subject of study or where the student comes from, although additional criteria may also apply.
Please see the named Wardlaw scholarships available this year for further information:
- London Scholarship
For entrant students domiciled in London.
- The Cathryn Marsden Scholarship
For entrant students within the Faculty of Science from North Wales or North East England.
- The James Jeffrey Thomson Scholarship
For entrant students domiciled in the UK.
- The Roy and Irene Wood Scholarship
For entrant students within the Faculty of Divinity or History within the Faculty of Arts.
- Rosemary Airey Scholarship
For entrant students who are domiciled in England, Wales or Northern Ireland.
- The Dr Donald Malcolm MacArthur Scholarship
For entrant students who are from the Isles of Lewis or Harris.
- Barbara Bennett Ure Scholarship
For entrant students who are domiciled in Scotland.
- Margery V Turnbull Scholarship
For entrant students from UK.
- Dr Gordon H Carruthers Scholarship (West Scotland) For entrant students who are domiciled in Scotland and currently live in the West of Scotland.
- Dr Gordon H Carruthers Wardlaw Scholarship For entrant students from UK.
- 600th Anniversary Scholarship For entrant students selected on basis of financial need.