The Kinnessburn Scholarship2022 entry
An annual award of £2,000 partial fee waiver will be made to up to two recipients of a Kinnessburn scholarship. The prize of £2,000 is deducted from the undergraduate degree tuition fee for each year of undergraduate study at the University of St Andrews.
The Kinnessburn scholarship award is based on the following:
- A two-minute video task that will be used to shortlist 4 candidates for review by a panel.
- Kinnessburn scholars will have an Ambassador role for IE whilst they are a UG student at the University of St Andrews and in receipt of the Kinnessburn scholarship funding. This role will require up to 10 hours per semester, and ambassadorial tasks may include:
- Helping with conversion and orientation activities for foundation offer-holders and entrants. This may involve: sending emails in response to offer-holder queries, participating in webinars to share student experience, attending or supporting in-person orientation events, recording videos about being a student in St Andrews.
- An invitation to online recruitment events
- An in-person event in Kinnessburn early each semester (January and September) to connect newly-started students with alumni
- Focus group work on marketing and conversion ideas.
- Exit interviews with IE staff to reflect on impact of foundation on UG experience when they graduate from their degree programme.
Applicants will be selected for interview on the basis of a 2-minute video which they are required to submit by email, along with a FUND application through MySaint