Channel Islands and Isle of Man students

If you are a student who normally lives in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, you are likely to have a fee status of 'Islands'. This means you may be eligible to apply for support and funding from the governments of the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man to help you cover the costs of university.

Tuition fees

As a student at the University of St Andrews, you will be expected to pay fees every year that you are in attendance. Fees may increase annually during the course of your study. The amount you will have to pay depends upon the degree you are studying for and your fee status.

Tuition fees for students from the Isle of Man and Channel Islands are currently aligned to fees for 'RUK' students.

Tuition fees for 2023-2024 are £9,250.

Applicants who defer their entry to the following year after receiving an offer may be required to pay a fee subject to an inflationary increase.

Bursaries and scholarships

The University of St Andrews is committed to attracting the very best students regardless of their financial circumstances. We offer a large number of bursaries and scholarships to undergraduate students, and there are also a number of external grants offered from outside the University.

After you have applied to study at St Andrews, you can apply for scholarships and funding by logging into My Application. You will receive an email with information on how to access My Application where you will find 'My Scholarships and Funding'.

See a list of bursaries and scholarships that may be available to you as a student from the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.

Student finance

You may be eligible to apply for help with living costs, which will help you to cover some of the costs of living away from home. The island authorities of Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man all offer a range of tuition fee grants and maintenance grants, subject to assessment. Details on financial support and how and when to apply are available from the relevant Island Authority:

Loan repayments (where applicable) are set by the Channel Islands Authority individually, and vary by authority. If you are eligible for a loan, details of repayment will be included in your loan. You should always check the repayment details in your award package.

ScotGEM applicants should refer to the specific fees and funding web page.