Students’ Association Bursary
- Scholarships collections
- St Andrews Access Scholarship, International Undergraduate Scholarships
This scholarship was formed by the Students Association and funds are donated every year to provide financial assistance to academically gifted students who would otherwise struggle with the cost of studying at the University of St Andrews.
Value of award (per year)
£500 towards tuition fees or maintenance (2 awards)
For overseas students the award will default towards tuition fees in the first instance, for home/RUK students the award will default towards maintenance in the first instance.
Duration of award
This award is paid annually for the duration of the student's undergraduate programme.
At what stage of my course application can I apply for this scholarship?
You can apply for the scholarship after you have submitted your application for a place at St Andrews. You do not need to wait until you have received an offer of a place before applying for the scholarship.
Available to students studying at:
Domicile for fee status
Mode of study
How to apply
For UK applicants (Home/RUK fee status) this scholarship is available through the St Andrews Access Scholarship application.
For International applicants (Overseas fee status) this scholarship is available through the International Undergraduate Scholarship application.
Both applications are accessible in the Scholarships and Funding section of My application.
Refer to the relevant application form for the deadline date.
After you have applied to a new course beginning in the academic year 2023-24, you will be provided with login details for the My application portal. You must allow at least two working days for processing and issue of your log in details before you can apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship application form guidance
Information for USA applicants
If you are including a Student Aid Report (SAR) with your scholarship application, please upload this in place of the household income evidence requested in the scholarship application form. To find out how to complete the FAFSA and receive your Student Aid Report, or for general information about US loans, please visit the Loans for US students webpages.
This copy of your student aid report is for your scholarship application only and will not be transferred to the University’s Finance Department for processing your loan application.
Household income will be assessed on below average country specific income rates (for the current year), please convert your local currency to Pounds (GBP) and indicate the exchange rate used in your application. We recommend using the funding financial profile to help calculate your household income before you apply for any needs based scholarships, you can find this in My Application, Scholarships and Finding, Create my funding financial profile.
Terms and conditions
Please read the University of St Andrews scholarships terms and conditions
(opens in new tab)
Requirements of the Scholarship
If applying to this scholarship, please be aware of the following requirements:
- Core personal details may be passed to the benefactors of your scholarship.Your name, the name of your town of origin, school/college and subject of study will be passed to the donor of the scholarship with your consent.
- Your scholarship award in subsequent years of study is conditional upon your successful completion of the academic requirements to progress in your proposed subject of study at the University of St Andrews. If your scholarship is subject-related then your award is usually also conditional upon your continuing to study that specific subject.
- Attendance at Development related scholarship events (including invitations to meet the donors) is strongly encouraged. You will be invited to these as appropriate by the Development Office.
- Submission of reports throughout the period of scholarship support. You are required to submit an Introductory Biography at the start of your award period and the Development Office will contact you towards the end of the academic session for a report on your time at St Andrews to share with the donors of your award. This will be an annual cycle for the duration of your award.
When will I know the outcome?
The outcome of your scholarship application will be available on "View my applications" in the Scholarships and Funding section of My Application by May 2023.