Worsfold Otago Scholarship2021 entry
The University of St Andrews is delighted to announce the Worsfold Otago Scholarship. The purpose of the scholarship is to enable a New Zealand graduate to undertake a postgraduate programme of study at the University of St Andrews.
New Zealand (domicile)
Domicile for fee status
Level of study
Postgraduate Masters or Research
Year of entry
Entrants in 2021
Duration of award
Up to 3 years
Value of award (per year)
Full tuition fees
Tuition or maintenance award?
Number of awards available
This scholarship is available for application through the Scholarships and Funding catalogue.
- After you have applied to a Postgraduate Research course beginning in the 2021-2022 academic year, you can apply for scholarships and funding by logging into My Application. You should wait until the next working day after submission before attempting to access My Application.
- If you have applied to a Postgraduate Taught course beginning in the 2021-2022 academic year, you can access Scholarships and Funding through My Application after you have applied for a Postgraduate Taught programme. You should wait until the next working day after submission before attempting to access My Application.
We recommend using the funding financial profile to help calculate your household income before you apply for any needs-based scholarships. You can find the funding financial profile in Scholarships and Funding, "Create my funding financial profile".
Information for non-UK applicants
Household income will be assessed on below average country-specific income rates. When entering your income details in the scholarship application form, please convert your local currency to Pounds Sterling (GBP) and indicate the exchange rate you have used in the relevant question in the scholarship application form.
Scholarship application deadline
28 January 2021
At what stage of my course application can I apply?
Please apply for the award after you have submitted your application for a place at St Andrews. You do not need to wait until you have received an offer of a place before applying for the award.
When will I hear if my application has been successful?
The outcome of your scholarship application will be available on "View my applications" in Scholarships and Funding by late March/early April 2021.
Requirements of the scholarship
If you apply to this scholarship, details from your course application may be passed to the selection panel and scholarship administrators for the purpose of effective distribution of the funds to eligible applicants.
If applying to this scholarship, please be aware of the following requirements:
- Core personal details may be passed to the benefactors of your scholarship. Your name, the name of your town of origin, school/college and subject of study will be passed to the donor of the scholarship with your consent.
- Your scholarship award in subsequent years of study is conditional upon your successful completion of the academic requirements to progress in your proposed subject of study at the University of St Andrews. If your scholarship is subject-related then your award is usually also conditional upon your continuing to study that specific subject.
- Attendance at Development related scholarship events (including invitations to meet the donors) is strongly encouraged. You will be invited to these as appropriate by the Development Office.
- Submission of reports throughout the period of scholarship support. You are required to submit an Introductory Biography at the start of your award period and the Development Office will contact you towards the end of each semester for a report on your time at St Andrews to share with the donors of your award. This will be an annual cycle for the duration of your award.