Janet T Anderson PhD Scholarship2021 entry
The Janet T Anderson PhD Scholarship is open to entrant students undertaking a PhD at the University of St Andrews in any subject. This scholarship is generously supported by The Janet T Anderson Trust, and is based on academic merit.
Domicile for fee status
Level of study
Year of entry
Value (per year)
Type of award
Paid towards tuition fees first. If the recipient's tuition fees are less than the award value, the balance will be paid as maintenance.
Number of awards available
This scholarship is available for application through the Scholarships and Funding catalogue.
- After you have applied for your chosen Postgraduate Research course, you can apply for scholarships and funding by logging into My Application. After applying for your chosen course beginning in the 2021-2022 academic year, you must allow at least five working days for processing and issue of your log in details before you can apply for this scholarship.
- If you are a current student at St Andrews, you can access Scholarships and Funding through MySaint. However, you should wait until after you have applied for your intended postgraduate programme before doing so, to ensure that the scholarship application is linked to that course.
Scholarship application deadline
24 March 2021
At what stage of my course application can I apply?
Please apply for the award after you have submitted your application for a place at St Andrews. You do not need to wait until you have received an offer of a place before applying for the award.
When will I hear if my application has been successful?
The outcome of your scholarship application will be available on "View my applications" in Scholarships and Funding by late April/early May 2021.
Requirements of the scholarship
If you apply to this scholarship, details from your course application may be passed to the selection panel and scholarship administrators for the purpose of effective distribution of the funds to eligible applicants.
If applying to this scholarship, please be aware of the following requirements:
- Core personal details may be passed to the benefactors of your scholarship. Your name, the name of your town of origin, school/college and subject of study will be passed to the donor of the scholarship with your consent.
- Your scholarship award in subsequent years of study is conditional upon your successful completion of the academic requirements to progress in your proposed subject of study at the University of St Andrews. If your scholarship is subject-related then your award is usually also conditional upon your continuing to study that specific subject.
- Attendance at Development related scholarship events (including invitations to meet the donors) is strongly encouraged. You will be invited to these as appropriate by the Development Office.
- Submission of reports throughout the period of scholarship support. You are required to submit an Introductory Biography at the start of your award period and the Development Office will contact you towards the end of each semester for a report on your time at St Andrews to share with the donors of your award. This will be an annual cycle for the duration of your award.