Skip navigation to content

Extending a UK visa in your country

Current students that are returning home during vacation periods can apply for a new visa if their current visa is due to expire. This is not known as an extension application. It is in effect a new Entry Clearance application, therefore students should follow the advice for new applications (see "applying").

Please remember that you will need to have a Confirmation of Acceptance for Study issued before you can make a visa application. Please contact the International Student Adviser at

Ask a question



Advice and Support Centre
79 North Street
St Andrews
KY16 9AL
Scotland, United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)1334 (46)2020


Student services

Eden Court
The Scores
St Andrews
KY16 9AS
Scotland, United Kingdom

Tel: 01334 462720
Fax:01334 464007

Eden Court location map

Encountered any difficulties?

Not the right match?  If you haven’t formed a good rapport with your Adviser or you’ve encountered any difficulties and wish to speak informally to someone, please contact Ruth Unsworth ( or Lara Meischke (, Deputy Directors of Student Services, in the first instance.

Please also be aware that the University has Complaints Handling Procedure for formally addressing concerns.


  • Book an Appointment online