Skip navigation to content

Who to contact

The University has a collection of resources available to help you if you are experiencing issues regarding mental and physical health during your time at St Andrews.

Whilst in St Andrews, if you or the person you are concerned about is in immediate danger, call 999.

If you, or the person you are concerned about is not in immediate danger, but you need to contact somebody urgently please phone the Security and Response Team: +44 (0)1334 46 8999

Specific contacts have been listed below, however, if are unsure about who to contact, email Student Services at Student Services will listen and can provide advice on a broad range of issues.

If you or someone you know has experienced bullying, discrimination, abuse, assault or harassment of any sort, you can report such incidents anonymously using the University’s Report and Support tool. You can also choose to report using your contact details so a Student Services adviser can get in touch with you to help provide support.

Academic issues

If you have concerns about your course or module you can speak to your:

  • class representative
  • lecturer
  • module coordinator
  • advisor
  • School’s director of teaching.

If you have a disability and require reasonable allowances for exams and coursework, contact the disabilities team at

CEED (Centre for Educational Enhancement and Development) can help with studying skills through training courses and additional resources.

Emotional and mental health issues

If you are struggling with mental health issues, contact your local GP or the Advice and Support Centre. If you have a long-term mental health issue, it is recommended that you visit your GP and speak to a Disability Adviser

The University Student’s Association has some advice if your mental health is being negatively affected due to relationship issues. Find out more on the Student’s Association’s Help Hub.

If you are struggling with alcohol and drugs, talk to a Wellbeing Adviser about brief alcohol interventions at the University.Counsellors are also available to assist students with alcohol or drug related issues.

The Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity team can provide support if you are being discriminated against, email

The ASC or International advice can help with visa issues, email

Accommodation Services can help with any housing issues, email, or call +44 (0)1334 46 2510.

If you are experiencing financial problems, email

When you need to talk

If in doubt, contact who will be able to help put you in touch with the appropriate contact.

Physical issues

If you have a disability and would like advice, contact the disabilities team at

If you have a temporary illness and would like advice about coping with academic or social issues, please contact Student Services Wellbeing team

Inline with the University and NHS staff are working remotely, if you are concerned about a physical illness or injury, please use the following contact information: 

Phone: +44 (0)1334 46 5777

You can also download the Student Health App for help with self-diagnosis and management of ailments. The app can also be used as a resource for more information about a range of physical and mental health issues.



Advice and Support Centre
79 North Street
St Andrews
KY16 9AL
Scotland, United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)1334 46 2020
Fax:+44 (0)1334 46 1716


Student services

Eden Court
The Scores
St Andrews
KY16 9AS
Scotland, United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)1334 46 2720
Fax:+44 (0)1334 46 4007

Eden Court location map

  • Book an Appointment online