Skip navigation to content


Withdrawal is voluntarily leaving the University permanently. If you think you may wish to withdraw, the first step is to contact Student Services to discuss the implications. If you do decide to withdraw, you should contact the Registry Support Officer to start the official process.

A leave of absence is a temporary period away from the University, after which you can return to your studies. 

See also: change of circumstances.

Social media

Find us on:

Facebook logoFacebook

Twitter logoTwitter


Registry - Undergraduate

Walter Bower House
Eden Campus, Main Street

St Andrews
KY16 0US
Scotland, United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)1334 46 4089/4219

Dr Stephen Tyre, Associate Dean Students (Arts and Divinity)


Prof Graham Kirby, Associate Dean Students (Science)


Related links