Staff fee for the children of employees
The University of St Andrews offers a staff tuition fee rate for the children of eligible staff members who are admitted to study an undergraduate degree with a full-time mode of attendance.
In the academic year 2017-2018 the staff tuition fee for eligible children is £1,820 per annum; and subject to annual increase.
- Children of employees of the University are normally eligible to pay fees at a staff rate for the academic year for full-time undergraduate study.
- The staff fee will only cover the first undergraduate degree undertaken by eligible children.
- An eligible child is an eligible employee's natural child, adopted child, child under legal guardianship as evidenced by official court documentation, or stepchild dependent for support.
- Children must be aged under 25 years old on the 1 August immediately prior to the academic year in which their studies commence.
- The staff rate is available to an unlimited number of eligible children.
- Eligibility of the relevant staff member is based upon the hours and length of contract - the contract should be a minimum 18.125 hours per week or 0.5fte and should be either a teaching contract of 10 months or more, or a non-teaching contract of 12 months or more.
- In all instances, the contract must begin before or simultaneously with, the start of the child’s undergraduate degree course.
- Part-time staff are only eligible if their contracts of employment reach the minimum 18.125 hours per week or 0.5fte and are on either a teaching contract of 10 months or more, or a non-teaching contract of 12 months or more.
- This includes individuals working as graduate research assistants (RAs) supported by research grants.
- Proof of staff status will be obtained from HR prior to the child matriculating each year.
- Children of employees of the University who claim the staff rate may not simultaneously hold University scholarships.
- Children eligible for staff rates are not entitled to a refund if they withdraw after the first four weeks of the first semester as their fee is not calculated on a modular basis.
- Children eligible for staff rates are not entitled to a refund if they are granted a Leave of Absence after the first four weeks of the first semester as their fee is not calculated on a modular basis.
- The staff tuition fee rate for the children of eligible staff members is subject to annual increase.
- Eligibility will be assessed by the Fees Officer. For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.