Worldwide volleyball has witnessed unprecedented growth over the last decade and it is now one of the five most popular international sports.
The University Volleyball Club has grown tremendously in size and talent. It is now made up of 2 competitive women’s teams, 2 men’s team and a development team and with the creation of a men's 2nd team it shows how much we are continuing to grow.. The teams have demonstrated athletic prowess and dedication to the sport which has translated to brilliant successes in recent years.
The Men's team have been crowned Division II champions and currently compete in BUCS Scottish 1A league. The Women's 1sts had a wonderful season in 2016/2017 undefeated and becoming champions of Scottish Division I. They also did fantastically well to get to the National Cup Final, which the first time a University side has made it to that stage of this competition for around 40 years.
All of the competitive teams receive excellent coaching from experienced technical coaches as well as receiving strength and conditioning support for performance improvement. The club is supported by a part-time Director of Volleyball and Head Coaches who deliver intensive training sessions to enable all of the teams to compete at the highest level. The Men’s and Women’s teams participate in the British University and College Sports (BUCS) league and also enter the Scottish Volleyball Association National Cup competition. The new Men's 2nd team will enter the Dundee & District League. All 3 BUCS teams are always strong contenders for the top 4 positions in their respective leagues and both the 1st teams aim to make it to the BUCS finals each year. The Scottish Volleyball Association Cup competition enables the University squads to take on some of the best teams in Scotland with the Men’s and Women’s squads consistently making it to the quarter final stage.
- 2016/17 - Scottish Cup - Women's finalists (Women’s 1st)
- 2016/17 - Scottish Plate - Men's semi-finalists (Men’s 1st)
- 2016/17 - Division I Undefeated Champions (Women's 1st)
- 2016/17 - Division II Champions (Men's 1st) & promoted to Div I
- 2016/17 - Scottish Conference Cup - Women's 3rd Place (Women’s 2nd)
- 2016/17 - SSS Beach Competition - Women's Gold Medallist (Conyngham-Greene & Menchetti)
- 2016/17 - BUCS Beach Competition - Men's Shield Silver Medallists (Samuel & Debicki)
- 2015/16 – Scottish Plate – Women’s semi-finalists (Women’s 1st), Men’s semi-finalists (Men’s 1st)
- 2015/16 – Scottish Cup Conference – Women’s Silver (Women’s 2nd)
- 2015/16 – SSS Beach Competition – Women’s semi-finalists (Gasperini & Goessler; Maxwell & Smith), Men’s semi-finalists (Matejczyk & Mendoza; Maugeri & Stylianou)
- 2014/15 – SSS Scottish Cup Champions (Women's)
- 2014/15 – SSS Beach Competition - Women’s Gold Medallist (Berwian & Fox), Men’s Bronze Medallist (Chung & Maugeri)
- 2013/14 – SSS Beach Competition – Women’s Silver Medallist (Lavreckyte & Tussis), Men’s Bronze Medallist (Maugeri & Sala)
- 2013/14 – SSS Volunteer of the Year – Charlotte Daman Willems
- 2012/13 – St Andrews Team of the Year (Women’s 1st)
- 2012/13 – BUCS Championships Bronze (Women's 1st)
- 2012/13 – Division I Undefeated Champions (Women's 1st)
- 2012/13 – Men's 1st qualify for BUCS Trophy Quarterfinals, for the first time
- 2012/13 – Shelly Paterson – University Sports Coach of the Year
- 2011/12 – Division II Champions (Men's 1st) & promoted to Div I
- 2011/12 – SSS Scottish Cup Champions (Women's 1st)
|Mon||6:30 - 8:30 pm (Men 2nd)||Sports Arena|
|Mon||8:30 - 10:30 pm (Women 2nd)||Sports Arena|
|Tues||7:00 - 9:00 am (Women 1st)||Sports Arena|
|Tues||7:00 - 9:00 am (Men 1st)||Sports Arena|
|Tues||6:30 - 8:30 pm (Development)||Sports Arena|
|Fri||7:00 - 8:45 pm (Women 1st)||Sports Arena|
|Fri||8:45 - 10:30 pm (Men 1st)||Sports Arena|
|Fri||9:00 - 10:30 pm (Women 2nd)||Sports Arena|